About James Pullar
James is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution and Litigation Team.
James is experienced in resolving disputes in relation to trusts, companies and shareholders, employment, debts, estates, and in judicial review.
He regularly appears in the High Court and District Court, as well as in the Employment Court and Employment Relations Authority.
James also has particular experience in the education sector and frequently acts for Schools and Teachers in a variety of matters.
James sits on the branch Council of the New Zealand Law Society (Canterbury-Westland), as well as its Employment Law Committee. James also sits on the Canterbury Rugby Union’s Judiciary.
He is regularly asked to present at New Zealand Law Society seminars.
Recent work includes:
- The successful defence of an urgent injunction sought against a school to stop it from investigating alleged misconduct by one of its employees;
- A successful application for summary judgment against trustees on behalf of the beneficiary of a trust;
- Obtaining and carrying out a without notice search order in a civil proceeding;
- A successful application for an urgent injunction and judicial review against a government department;
- Conducting independent investigations into sexual harassment and bullying in the workplace; and
- Acting both for and against national unions in relation to various employment disputes.