Jo is an Associate in our Property Team.
She is experienced in estate structuring and administration, and assists people to plan how their property is to be dealt with after they have passed away. Jo has a special interest in Elder Law and often reviews documents for retirement village occupation, advises families when a relative has lost capacity, and provides advice on family trusts. She supports clients in all stages of life, ensuring that they have wills and enduring powers of attorney that are appropriate for their circumstances.
Jo also has over 20 years’ legal experience in a wide range of areas including buying and selling property, administration of trusts and claims made against estates, probate applications, and assisting estates with the distribution of property following probate.
Recent work includes
- Assisting the family of a client who died while still active in business and farming enterprises
- Advising elderly clients on the obligations and structure involved in living in a retirement village under an Occupation Right Agreement
- Providing advice on a will where a client had been separated for many years but not divorced
- Working with a family where a sibling disputed what was left to the sibling under their parent’s will
- Independently advising a beneficiary, where the family agreed to change the distribution under a parent’s estate
- Advising couples with blended families on how to provide for each set of children in their wills